High energy bird feed premium quality
Our high energy bird feed is blended with only the highest quality seed, perfect for all small garden and farmland birds.
Benefits of Premium High Energy Mixture Bird Seed
- Specially designed to bridge the ‘hunger gap’ when food is scarce
- High energy seed perfect for the cold winter weather
- Can be used all year round though
- Best fed from feeders, bird tables and or scattered on the ground
- Price includes Next Day Delivery
- Click on reviews above to see all our customer feedback on this product.
- Always store in a cool dry place
- Always ensure water is available
Composition: Black sunflower (21%), white millet, red millet, red dari, plain canary seed, niger seed, pinhead oats, kibbled maise, peanut granules and rape seed oil. Does not contain wheat.
The importance of high energy seed mix
Our high energy seed mix is a very versatile seed mixture which is not only designed to feed birds all year round but also to appeal to them in the winter months, especially when weather patterns are unfavourable to wild life and farmlands are bare.
Due to the wide range of seeds included in our seed mix, this makes it a good attractive meal for attracting many species of wild birds.
What is the ‘Hungry Gap’
The ‘Hungry Gap’ is the period of the year, through the winter months, where most of the seed-bearing crops are in short supply. To be more specific on the definition, scientists at the British Trust for Ornithology (BTO) have found that some birds like Yellowhammers and Reed Bunting and many others are already at risk of disappearing from the countryside because they are going hungry between 14th February and the start of nesting in April because most of the ‘seed-bearing’ crop fields are usually ploughed up at this time of the year under the Environmental Stewardship rules.